Most people find the idea of dieting to lose weight an intimidating concept, given the perception of reducing food intake and making some of their favorite foods “off limits”. While many diets promote the concept of food deprivation for faster results, it would not lead to long-term weight loss as food cravings and a slow metabolism will eventually bring back all of the weight lost. It seems like a daunting idea to break all ties to pizza, ice cream, and all of your luxury foods forever, but you don’t have to deprive yourself of good food simply by following a weight loss diet. Find such diets to lose weight on Rati Beauty App that encourage eating the right kind of food to lose extra layers of fat. The mistake of following a deprivation diet is that you would quit the diet sooner than you think, and that’s why we’ve listed ways to eat less without feeling deprived.
1. Eliminate Processed Foods: If you crave unhealthy foods all day, blame processed foods high in sodium, artificial flavors, sugars, transfats, and other unhealthy ingredients that trigger the release of “feel good hormones” from the reward center of the brain, increased cravings for such foods, regardless of whether you are actually hungry or need energy from foods or not. Opt out of processed foods and switch to whole foods instead.
2. Switch to foods that would fill you and suppress your appetite: If you have hunger pangs between you and your ideal weight, check out this list of the 45 best foods to suppress appetite and reduce hunger naturally.
3. Sleep at least 7 hours a night: Sleep deprivation of less than 7 hours of sleep has been found to trigger cravings for unhealthy foods and increase levels of the hunger hormone “ghrelin” the next day. If you woke up extremely hungry or “hungry” (hunger + anger), blame sleep deprivation. Make a conscious effort to get 7 hours or more of sleep to calm yourself down from the hunger hormones.
4. Choose foods that keep you full longer: Start your day with a high-protein breakfast that includes fiber and healthy fats in other meals, as studies have shown that protein, fiber, and healthy fats keep you full, appetite curb unnecessary hunger pangs.
5. Eat from 8 inch meal plates: It is a fact that the larger the plate, the larger the space that more food can be served. Switch your plates from a 10 “plate to an 8” plate and you can finish whatever is on the plate without overeating or feeling deprived.
6. Fill Half Your Plate With Vegetables: If you fill half your plate with vegetables, you will feel fuller with just a few calories.
7. Break between bites: If you eat slowly and pay attention to each bite, the body is aptly processing fullness signals and you would not be overeating. If you are sitting down for a meal, make sure to put the fork / knife or spoon down when you are 80% full. Our brain processes the fullness signal fairly slowly and it takes about 20 minutes to send the satiety signal to the stomach. It is an effective strategy to reduce calories and lose weight.
8. Cheat Meal Is A Must: A good weight loss diet would encourage you to indulge in a cheat meal once a week, as would the Rati Beauty weight loss diet since food cravings are completely natural and it’s okay Indulging in high-calorie foods every now and then because it will reset a sluggish metabolism and also help you stick to the diet better.
9. Don’t confuse thirst for hunger: Since the body cannot properly distinguish between hunger and thirst signals, we often confuse “thirst” for hunger and turn to food to curb hunger pangs, adding unnecessary calories that are heavy to be burned at the end of the day. That’s why you always stay hydrated! When you wake up, drink a full glass of water and drink water throughout the day without stopping at 8 glasses a day. Always keep a bottle close at hand and refill it throughout the day. That way, you would experience fewer hunger pangs.
10. Reduce Stress: Just like sleep deprivation, there is one more factor that can make your appetite starved and it is chronic stress. Anxiety, stress can trigger overeating, binge eating, and emotional eating, which can lead to weight gain. Find ways to relieve stress, go for a walk when you’re feeling stressed, or engage in an activity that distracts you.
Hope these tips would help you start your weight loss journey smoothly and on a high level. 🙂
15 strategies against overeating
14 ways to stop thinking too much about food