There is a lot of research on how herbs and spices can speed up the whole weight loss process by speeding up metabolism and increasing thermogenesis in the body. And best of all, they can be part of daily diet and cooking with no side effects. These herbs and spices are readily available and inexpensive too. However, let’s be clear that only the right type of weight loss diet, for example the one in the Rati Beauty app, and regular exercise would result in successful weight loss. Certain factors like the inclusion of these spices can speed up the whole process. So let’s look at the list of spices that actually boost your metabolism and help burn calories:
1. Cinnamon: No natural ingredient stabilizes blood sugar levels like cinnamon. Since it also suppresses your appetite, you will feel full longer and will not eat or overeat unnecessarily. To consume this miracle spice, sprinkle it over anything you like. It goes best with coffee, oats, and smoothies.
2. Ginger: Ginger tea is delicious because it is refreshing and also cleanses the system. Yes, ginger has the ability to remove toxins from your body and cleanse your digestive system. This will reduce the bloating and also prevent further weight gain. Add freshly grated sugar to your foods and drinks and enjoy a faster metabolism too.
3. Cardamom is sweet and adds a fantastic flavor to everything from tea to biryani. But did you know that this little miracle can also make you lose weight? Yes, it does this by improving your digestion and boosting your metabolism. The queen of spices, cardamom can be used in teas and smoothies. You can also chew on it all day for the best results.
4. Ginseng: This root also offers amazing effects. It maintains balance in your body and increases energy and vitality. Ginseng is also beneficial for people who starve too often. Aside from keeping you healthy, it also rejuvenates and invigorates your mood. You can consume this root in various forms such as tablets, powders, and slices.
5. Turmeric: Turmeric is more than just a natural coloring agent. It controls the growth of adipose tissue in your body. Thus it lowers the total fat percentage and prevents weight gain. Turmeric is also available in various forms these days, from powders to supplements. You can choose what you want. Or just add it to your morning detox drink for super fast metabolism.
6. Black Pepper: This spice is famous for its warmth and taste. Black pepper works great for managing fat in your body. It slowly melts your fat while preventing further deposition of fat cells. Just find an excuse to add it to all of your meals and see the results in a few months.
7. Cayenne pepper: be careful! This spice is super hot! This spice is known for its fat burning properties and I love it for that. It can easily warm your body and speed up your metabolism. Even with this pepper in food, you cannot afford to overeat. In fact, your taste buds will be saturated sooner. Season your food with this pepper and add it to your detox smoothies for more benefits.
8. Cumin: A compound known in cumin as thymoquinone has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that flush out toxins and neutralize free radicals. Cumin also improves digestion and boosts your metabolism to burn more calories.
9. Fennel: With its high fiber content, fennel will keep you full longer and also improve intestinal health. Fennel seeds help digestion and promote metabolism.
10. Mustard: Those stuttering mustard seeds in your curry would help boost your metabolism, increase thermogenesis with their capsaicin content, and burn more calories. It helps a lot that Indian cuisine is incomplete without the strong taste of mustard seeds.
32 foolproof tips for losing fat
5 benefits of cumin for hair and 5 ways to use it