For someone trying to lose weight, it would be very beneficial to develop new habits and break with certain old ones rather than working out in the gym. While the right type of weight loss diet, like the one in the Rati Beauty app, is paramount to losing weight and getting leaner, if one does not make an effort, the speed at which this can happen can be slowed down. to break with old habits. That is why we have listed 12 habits that you should be breaking right now as you are trying to lose weight.
1. Doing Things That Slow Down Your Metabolism: One of the most important keys to losing weight is speeding up your metabolism. A sluggish metabolism is why most people find it extremely difficult to burn fat. The most effective way to achieve a healthy metabolism is to eat cleanly and exercise regularly. In the case of wrong eating habits, lack of exercise, increased stress, lack of sleep, however, it comes to a collapse in the metabolism. In this post, you will learn what slows down your calorie burning mechanism, aka 10 Habits That Kill Your Metabolism.
2. Eating at Irregular Hours: Eating late at night or taking a bite at odd times can hinder your weight loss because when your metabolism is at its lowest, foods can store most of the calories as fat instead of them as Energy consumed. Find the right time to take your meals for faster weight loss with the Rati Beauty App.
3. You Must Have Something Sweet After Every Meal: Eliminating white sugar is the easiest, most effective way to lose a few pounds without breaking a sweat. For most people born with this imaginary “sweet tooth”, it is almost impossible to do without sugary delicacies. It doesn’t help that refined sugar is extremely addicting, as every time you consume it, our brain signals the release of dopamine (a “feel good hormone”) with effects similar to addictive substances. Break the habit of having a sweet treat after every meal to avoid empty calories that get into our bodies through refined sugars. Keeping the extremely unhealthy refined white sugar away is hard, but there are several different ways you can actually satisfy your sweet tooth without adding any refined sugars so that you can keep your health and weight in check. 15 Ways To Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth Without Refined Sugar
4. Not getting enough sleep: We say with absolute certainty that sleep is of the utmost importance in losing weight. Even if you followed a healthy diet and exercised every day, your body wouldn’t lose significant weight if you didn’t get at least 7 hours of sleep at night. If you only sleep 4 or 5 hours a night, it triggers the production of ghrelin (hunger hormone) and lowers the level of leptin (fullness hormone). People who sleep 8 hours also have better metabolism. So make it your goal to fall asleep your way to weight loss instead of immersing yourself in Netflix and spending hours on social media disrupting the rhythm of the day and making it difficult for you to sleep peacefully.
5. Lead a sedentary lifestyle: Spending most of the day in front of the computer or on the couch is utterly harmful to your health and weight loss. Try to be on your feet for most of the day and you will see the pounds drop off very quickly.
6. Not drinking enough water: Everyone says you should drink 8 glasses of water for great skin, but water increases your metabolism to good levels and helps you burn calories. Water is also important in keeping the digestive process running smoothly and flushing toxins out of the body. Refill the bottle of water as often as possible.
7. Eating Out Too Often: Lots of empty calories come from foods made appetizing by adding unhealthy ingredients like MSG, trans fat, refined flour, sugar, sodium, etc., and lead to rapid weight gain. Along with lots of unhealthy ingredients, preservatives, sodium and sugar – most restaurants also have trans fats, which not only stimulate the body to store fat, but also mobilize fat from other parts of the body into the abdominal area! Cut down on the amount of processed foods and stick to whole foods and organic products. Cook your own meals and find all weight loss meals in the Rati Beauty app.
8. Don’t Count Liquid Calories: When trying to lose weight, every calorie matters and every calorie should be counted! Most of the time, we don’t take into account calories that get through juices, drinks, and other liquids. When cutting calories from every corner, it is wise to swap empty calories from carbonated drinks, soft drinks, and packaged fruit juices for these healthiest drinks that will also boost weight loss. It is wrong to assume that liquids like fruit juices are healthy and don’t add a lot of calories because they are “healthy”. In fact, liquid calories from these drinks are easily digested, causing sharp insulin spikes, and if you crash then you would crave more food and that way add more calories to your diet, and you shouldn’t ignore those calories.
9. Frequent snacking: Frequent snacking leads to frequent spikes in insulin, which leads to excess calories being stored as fat, especially around the abdomen and hips. Avoid frequent snacking and stick to fixed meals and snack times.
10. Mindless Eating: Slow chewing is a part of mindful eating as it is recommended that you enjoy every bite and be aware of the quality and quantity of the foods you are consuming. Avoid trans fats, high-sugar and high-calorie foods, and include lots of vegetables and whole grains in your diet.
11. Eating too quickly: Our brains take time to signal that our tummies are full, and when you eat or swallow food quickly, it does not receive this signal in time. The digestive process starts in the mouth itself with enzymes in the mouth working on the food. Eating slowly helps with digestion.
12. Emotional eating: Most of the time we turn to a pack of fries or chocolate because we are just bored and not really hungry. One should really clearly distinguish the difference between hunger signals and those that arise from stress or boredom. Foods high in sugar, sodium, and transfats all have a direct effect on the brain. When you eat these foods, your brain rewards you with releasing “feel good chemicals” like endorphins and dopamine. Such feel-good chemicals make us happy and raise our mood. Such foods also cause sharp insulin spikes that give us immediate energy, but the drop in insulin spikes is just as steep, leading to fatigue and lack of energy. When you indulge in such foods, the “reward center” in the brain is activated and releases dopamine and other feel-good chemicals. This cycle goes on and on and one cannot control that desire. In short, people resort to emotional eating to help them feel better, reduce stress, and manage traumatic situations. So, find ways to release emotions from food and find different ways to relieve stress instead of turning to comfort foods as an emotional crutch to deal with unhappy situations.
Hope these tips would help you break unhealthy bad habits that are slowing down your weight loss.
15 Ways To Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth Without Refined Sugar
10 Healthiest Drinks To Increase Weight Loss