When they say “two are better than one” they are probably talking about these amazing food combinations that contribute to weight loss with their various combinations of nutrients. When combined, they increase the dish’s nutrient quotient, increase metabolism, and help burn fat much better than when used on their own. For example, combining fruits with high blood sugar levels with a slowly digestible source of fiber helps to stabilize blood sugar levels, better absorb vitamins from the fruits, prevent unnecessary hunger pangs and prevent fat storage. If you want to cut your waistline in a snap and melt those extra pounds down, here are some food combinations to try.
1. Apple and Peanut Butter: When you top up apple slices with peanut butter, it becomes a healthy weight loss snack with fiber from apple and vegetable protein from peanuts. If frequent hunger pangs break your willpower, try this delicious combination of foods and you won’t be disappointed.
2. Almonds and Pistachios: Mixing almonds and pistachios together can speed up the weight loss process. However, make sure you don’t consume more than a handful of nuts in a day. So, during a strenuous exercise, grab a handful of almonds and pistachios for a good dose of healthy fats that help burn fat. Aside from burning calories, it also provides instant energy for the engine on a hectic day.
3. Beans and Corns: Beans and corns can be counted as one of the healthiest combinations to help you lose weight. Corn is high in starch, a type of carbohydrate that slows digestion. On the other hand, green beans are high in fiber, which is essential for weight loss. If you sprinkle a little black pepper over it, in addition to boosting your metabolism, you will also get vitamin C.
4. Lemon Green Tea: Get the combination of vitamin C from lemon and antioxidants from green tea by squeezing some lemon in green tea. And this should become your favorite drink very soon, once you start shedding those extra pounds.
5. Eggs and peppers: Eggs are an inexpensive way to add protein to your daily diet and boost your metabolism. Green, yellow, and red peppers are good sources of vitamin C, which when combined with eggs (when made into an omelette) make a low-calorie breakfast option.
6. Oatmeal and Berries: For those looking to lose weight, oatmeal is a great option. Oatmeal paired with berries is a delicious option for boosting your metabolism. With a lot of fiber, oatmeal and berries curb the appetite. Berries also contain a lot of chemicals called polyphenols that help with weight loss and also prevent fat from building up in the body.
7. Banana and Spinach: Bananas are high in starch, which makes you feel fuller, and other minerals that are essential for a robust metabolism. Combining a high-calorie but nutrient-dense banana with a low-calorie spinach can do wonders for your metabolism. Are you wondering how you can combine banana and spinach? Make a green smoothie with banana, spinach, almond milk and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.
8. Yogurt and Fruits: Yogurt provides plenty of probiotics to help strengthen the gut, and as we all know, having a sturdy gut makes the entire weight loss process extra smooth. Yogurt with antioxidant-rich berries and vitamin-rich fruits provides plenty of nutrition to increase metabolism and burn extra calories.
9. Salad with Nut Toppings: Get the crispy factor in simple and bland salad by mashing some almonds and walnuts. This combination would keep you full for a long time. Avoid unnecessary hunger pangs with the combination of fiber from the salad and healthy fats from the nuts.
10. Oats and Chia Seeds: Fiber is essential to losing weight, and you can get a lot of it from oatmeal. When you sprinkle chia seeds in a bowl of oats, the fat burning process gets a good boost with healthy fats from the seeds.
11. Egg and Spinach Omelette: A handful of spinach leaves is an easy breakfast option and provides a rich source of protein like omelets with lots of fiber and vitamins.
12. Carrots with Olive Oil: As we all know, the body needs a good amount of fat to absorb fat-soluble vitamins like A, D, E and K. Various studies have found a strong link between vitamin A and D deficiency and weight gain. So combining a healthy source of fat such as olive oil with fat-soluble vitamins helps in better absorption and in treating such deficiencies. Cooking carrots in olive oil is one such combination that you get vitamin A and healthy fats together to help with weight loss.
In the Rati Beauty app you will find more such healthy, weight-reducing food combinations on the diets. More information can be found here.
Avoid eating these foods in the morning to stay slim
How Eating Fats Can Make You Thin