Hair is considered the crowning glory for women and men alike, and that’s why it’s important to take care of your hair to avoid thinning and bald spots. Didn’t we all wish we could get our hands on a magic potion that could magically trigger hair growth overnight. It could be that you want to outgrow a bad haircut or that you have always longed for beautiful waist-length hair. While it must be recognized that there is no one quick fix method to sprouting longer hair overnight, there are certainly methods that can be used to increase the rate of growth over a period of time. We have listed 12 ways to naturally increase hair growth so that you can flaunt beautiful hair forever.
12 ways to increase hair growth:
1. Cut down on smoking, caffeine, and fizzy drinks, all of which are growth blockers.
2. Eat a healthy diet high in fruits, vegetables, nuts, whole grains, eggs, and poultry. The hair structure is made up of proteins. Make sure you are consuming enough protein from vegetarian or non-vegetarian sources to help your hair grow faster. Avoid foods that are high in sugar or fat. Essential fatty acids can be obtained from animal sources from fish and from vegetable sources from nuts and flaxseed.
3. If you are looking to take additional hair supplements, biotin, zinc, B complex, iron, vitamin E, vitamin A, and omega-3 fatty acids are some names to look for. For more information on specific nutritional supplements for growth, see the IMBB article HERE
4. Avoid combing wet hair. Don’t indulge in unnecessary brushing, blow drying, or heat styling. Excessive exposure to chemicals in dyes or procedures such as rebonding stunt hair growth. Stick to colors from nature like henna and indigo. Use natural organic shampoos whenever possible.
5. Avoid using hot water to wash your hair. Always wash in lukewarm or preferably cold water.
6. Regularly do a scalp massage with natural growth-promoting oils like coconut, jojoba, and olive oils to stimulate the follicles.
7. Cut your hair regularly every 6-12 weeks to remove damaged hair and split ends, depending on your growth rate.
8. Live a happy, stress-free life and allow yourself enough rest and sleep so that the hair can develop its maximum growth potential.
9. Apply olive oil to your scalp every night at night and massage it in well. Take a towel soaked in hot water and squeeze out any excess water. Wrap it around your head to allow the heat to open the pores on your scalp and absorb the oil. Wash the next morning.
10. Make a mixture of aloe vera gel and honey and apply it to the scalp. Leave on for 20 minutes before washing off.
11. Finely chop an onion and add to the shampoo. Leave it aside for fifteen days and then use the shampoo as you normally would. As a result, the hair grows faster.
12. Prepare a shampoo with small pieces of aloe vera and onions to wash your hair 2 or 3 times a week. Then apply an avocado or rosemary-based conditioner.
Bonus tips for increasing hair growth:
• Mix 1 teaspoon of soy powder, 1 teaspoon of wheat germ, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of brewer’s yeast in a cup of yogurt. Take it once a day and you should see results within a month.
• Do not pour the water away after boiling potatoes. Use as a rinse after shampoo.
• Boil 2 tablespoons of dry rosemary in a cup of olive oil. Let it sit for 3 days before straining it. Use weekly for head massage.
• Mix a tomato with a few drops of olive oil and apply warm to the scalp. Leave on for an hour and wash.
• Provide your hair with the necessary nutrients by mixing an egg, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 2 teaspoons of honey. Massage onto the scalp and wash off in half an hour.
• Soak the aloe vera pieces in water overnight. Strain and use as a hair conditioner the next day.
• Boil dry rosemary in water and use it as a daily rinse.
Hope these tips will help you increase hair growth using natural methods.