We also point out office visitors to people who still work from home and whose office hours go well beyond the routine of 9 to 5. Researchers have claimed that “sitting is the new smoking” and that people who work at desks sit up to 10 hours to get their jobs done and find it extremely difficult to lose weight. For such people, we have put together practical ways to lose weight.
1. Say no to food pushers in the office: You are on a weight loss diet, counting every single calorie, but you have colleagues in the office who act as food pushers and encourage you to eat unhealthy treats, or you simply forcing you to overeat, then find ways to say “no” to such people when they tempt you. These “food pushers” can knowingly or unknowingly thwart your weight loss plan by encouraging you to eat more or the wrong foods. But if you want to lose weight at all costs, you need to practice saying “no” to food pushers and of course, find polite ways to do so. In this post we list 7 ways to say “no” to a food pusher the next time it shows up with a slice of pizza or a box of chocolates to tempt you.
2. Portion control at work too: Portion control is important in order to get into a calorie deficit that leads to losing extra weight. Read more about “10 Food Portion Control Tips for Weight Loss”.
3. Pack your lunch: Get in the habit of packing your own lunch and following the meal plans of a good weight loss diet like the Rati Beauty diet in the Rati Beauty app. The fact is that when you eat the right kind of food, losing weight becomes pretty easy.
4. Choose foods with protein and fiber: Protein and fiber are two nutrients that accelerate weight loss by keeping you full for hours, helping the body burn more calories, and nourishing the body at the same time. Find high protein and high fiber eating plans on the Rati Beauty Diet.
5. Get Calories From Food, Not From Liquid: Even carbonated drinks labeled “Diet” contain calories, so skip such drinks and sip plain water.
6. Avoid prolonged sitting at work: We have already mentioned “Sitting is the new smoking” because it causes many lifestyle diseases such as type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular problems. The fat-burning enzyme lipase also blocks its function if you sit for hours. Make it a point to get up from your desk every few minutes to keep the fat burning process going.
7. Do these exercises while you work: Chair Dips, Chair Pushups, Arm Circles, Chair Squats, Knee Ups can all be done without equipment and while sitting in your chair. Make the most of the breaks and show everyone in the workplace that you are fit by using every little opportunity to exercise.
8. Remember to drink water to avoid unnecessary cravings: Most of the time you feel hungry, it’s just that you are dehydrated and in need of water. Our bodies tend to mix up hunger and thirst signals, and dehydration can make you very hungry. Always keep a bottle of water near your desk and get up every hour to refill it.
9. Avoid frequent snacking: Stick to meal and snack times and avoid frequent snacking as you build up extra calories in your body with each snack. Also, pack healthy snacks for work, such as trail mix containing nuts and seeds, which are full of nutrients and keep hunger at bay.
10. Use the stairs instead of the elevator: As clichéd as it sounds, whether at work or elsewhere, use the stairs whenever you can to burn more calories.
11. Avoid snack temptations in the break room: Whenever temptations meet you, remind yourself that you want to get well and also want to lose weight.
12. Walk at Every Opportunity: Yes, walking does amazing things for your body. Get up and leave at every opportunity. And also, as you walk, you drive past the machine that is full of goodies that are extremely bad for weight loss.
For more weight loss tips, download the Rati Beauty app.
7 polite ways to say no to food pushers
10 Food Portion Control Tips For Weight Loss