Hardly anyone out here would shy away from being clicked – if someone shows disinterest, it is mainly because they have the feeling that their pictures are not good or not photogenic enough. Have you ever been jealous of a friend who comes out flawless in pictures? Then, you’re not alone! Some people take it for granted to be photogenic while others have to work on looking good in pictures. Of course, a lot is up to the photographer, but there are a few things the subject can do to look better. It’s not magic or rocket science – we’ve listed some tips to look gorgeous in pictures, whether it’s a selfie or a professionally clicked one. A photo is a two-dimensional image from one point of view. The bad thing is that a picture doesn’t show all of your physical properties as the naked eye would. However, you can learn to hide the features you don’t like and highlight what you like. And the amazing thing – some tips like the following can really help! So read on!
1. Never look directly at the camera. Look directly over the lens.
2. Tilt your head up slightly to get rid of the double chin. Also, try to place your tongue on the roof of your mouth, but behind your teeth.
3. An upright, straight posture makes you look attractive and confident. A slouch makes you look weak and lazy. Your back should be straight and your bones should be straight. You can try wearing heels as this will make you stand up straight.
4. Never stand in front of the camera as if you have been arrested. Instead, you can try the so-called “model pose”. Rotate your body 3/4 toward the camera and put your weight on one foot (preferably the leg that is away from the camera). This not only makes you look taller, but also slimmer.
5. Full body shots should be taken from your belly button as this will elongate your legs and improve your proportions.
6. Always face the light while being clicked. Turning away from the light can create shadows on your face that are usually not flattering. Natural light should be preferred.
7. For events and occasions that you know will be clicked on, choose colors and fits that suit your body. Also consider your hair color when choosing the color or print.
8. Avoid using SPF foundations or BB creams as they will reflect a whitish hue in pictures. Also, orange lipsticks add a yellowish hue to your teeth, so avoid wearing them or smile for the picture with your lips closed.
9. Learn to smile 3/4 of the way. A big smile looks unnatural and attention wanders from your pretty face to your pink gums. Practice smiling in front of the mirror and you will see that your fake smile obviously looks wrong and that is how it will look in the pictures. Practice until you find the most flattering smile.
10. If you are in a seated group shot, sit up straight and relax instead of leaning forward.
11. If you put heavy makeup on your face, wear it up to your neck as well, otherwise the difference in the pictures will be clear with all the flash.
12. Don’t skip the mascara even if you are not an eye makeup staff. A good mascara will open your eyes and make you look awake even when you are tired.
13. Flyaways and frizzy hair can completely ruin the look in pictures, so apply a hair serum or check out these hacks to tame the flyaways.
14. Trust or lack of it is always shown on our faces. I have seen the most ordinary faces without makeup shine with beauty out of confidence. Have you ever wondered why children almost always look great in pictures? It’s because they are relaxed, playful, uninhibited, and genuine in the feelings they are expressing. So every time someone says cheese, relax and smile confidently.
10 tips to heal flyaway hair
Do you hate your selfies? Get photogenic with these tips