As we’ve always hammered on, maintaining a calorie deficit is key to unlocking weight loss. If there is no calorie deficit, no amount of exercise, slimming belt, or fat burning pill would work. Ideally, one should have a calorie deficit of 500 to 1000 calories in order to lose unwanted extra pounds. However, the main deterrents to maintaining an energy expenditure is the inability to show reluctance to eat and frequent hunger pangs that lead you to food and more calories, which eventually leads to an accumulation of pounds and weight gain. It is important to nourish the body, but also to eat the right amount without barking or overeating. If the function of the satiety hormone “leptin” is impaired, you cannot feel fuller and therefore do not feel satisfied even after a lot of food. Leptin is the satiety or fullness hormone that signals the brain that you are “full” and have enough to eat. Leptin and ghrelin (hunger hormone) usually work in unison and maintain an optimal balance. Ghrelin only increases when there is a need to replenish energy and leptin signals when there are enough calories and energy in the body. However, when leptin function is impaired, leptin doesn’t send a signal to the brain, and the body tends to accumulate calories without knowing when to stop eating. Leptin resistance can also slow your metabolism and increase ghrelin levels. All of these factors not only prevent weight loss, but can also cause you to gain weight with every meal. When someone becomes leptin resistant, it becomes very difficult to lose weight because the body is always in a state of hunger and does not realize that it has enough energy in the system. Because of this, in this post we are listing some amazing hacks to help you feel full faster while trying to lose weight.
1. Pack low energy density foods: Low energy density foods can actually contribute to effective weight loss without cutting out important nutrients from the diet. The concept of losing weight from low energy density foods is great for people who hate starving themselves from diets that are primarily based on depriving the body of certain food groups. Here is a list of low energy density foods to include in your diet.
2. Indulge in waterproof foods: Waterproof foods like cucumber, zucchini, lettuce, celery, peppers, cabbage, etc. serve two purposes: they’re low in calories, low in carbohydrates, and high in water at the same time, so hydrate the body and get on with it fill few calories.
3. Healthy fats with meals: If you combine your meals with healthy fats like walnuts, almonds and other nuts, some ghee or avocado, the combination will make you feel fuller and stay full longer.
4. Egg is a superfood: It is a complete food that is rich in important nutrients and many essential micronutrients. Eggs help you feel fuller and stay full for a long time, which drastically reduces the need to eat unhealthy treats.
5. Sprinkle chia seeds on salads: Although chia seeds are high in calories, they contain a good amount of healthy fat and protein that will help you feel full and promote the overall fat burning process. Sprinkle chia seeds over oatmeal and salads to fill you up faster.
6. Pre-loading water: Pre-loading water is a healthy and almost effortless way to aid weight loss. With this strategy, experts recommend drinking 500 ml of plain water half an hour before each meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Such an amount of water before meals will stretch your stomach considerably and as a result the hunger hormone “ghrelin” would be released less. This means that with less food and less caloric intake, you would feel full. It is an effective strategy to combat overeating.
7. Eating from a Bowl: There is an amazing scientific study that says that eating from a bowl rather than a plate makes your brain feel deceived and satisfied. You would feel full if you were to eat the same amount of food from a small bowl that you were eating from a larger plate. The weight of the bowl in hand also makes you feel like you are consuming more food. So, throw away the plate and take the bowl.
8. Add a protein factor to this bowl of salad: Try including a bowl of salad before your main meals. Since salads are usually made up of vegetables like cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, etc., some people may not feel satisfied with just the greens. So add some protein like chickpeas, tofu or quinoa to increase the satiety factor. Also, avoid unhealthy salad dressings that are high in sodium or sugar.
9. Eat a good amount of whole grains to feel full: The high fiber content in whole grains takes a long time to digest and fill you up faster. Switch to whole grains instead of refined grains. Whole grains provide your body with nutrients without adding a lot of empty calories. We recommend replacing white bread with wholemeal bread and whole wheat pasta. Quinoa and brown rice are great options to replace white rice. Here is the list of the best carbohydrates for weight loss.
10. Spicy Food: If you love spicy foods, here’s the good news – spicy foods can act as an appetite suppressant and burn calories too. That’s how it happens.
11. A tablespoon of olive oil at the beginning of the day: Olive oil in combination with yogurt or quark promotes a feeling of fullness and nourishes the body with healthy fats that stimulate the entire fat-burning process.
12. Dietary fiber is essential for weight loss: Dietary fiber increases the feeling of fullness, slows digestion, and is good for the intestines. That is why Rati Beauty includes a lot of fiber in its diet programs to increase weight loss.
13. Eat more structured foods: Compared to liquid foods, soft foods, or pureed foods like (mashed potatoes, avocado), crispy and coarse textured foods can alert you to the amount of calories consumed and the slow chewing of structured foods can be a big one Make a difference in how quickly you can feel full.
14. Eat mindfully: Eat without the distraction, turn off the TV and keep the phone off to focus on the texture, color, and taste of the food and get cues from the body once it’s full.
15. Avoid Sugary Treats: Sugary treats like cupcakes, candy, bagels, and chocolates can cause insulin spikes and drops more quickly, making you hungry again in a short amount of time. Like refined carbohydrates, refined sugar is not good for weight loss.
16. Avoid tempting food pictures: No one can deny the fact that the sight of sticky lava cake and the thought of delicious pizza can starve you instantly. Avoid scrolling through feeds on social media that show you pictures of foods that trick your brain into sending signals of hunger even when you are full.
17. Boost protein-rich food: If you are eating a plate, fill a quarter of your plate with a healthy source of protein and a quarter of your plate with whole grains (like quinoa, brown rice), and fill half that plate with vegetables. It’s the best way to feel fuller and too fast.
18. Chew slowly: If you eat too quickly, your brain won’t get the signal to stop once you’re full. This means that you are often eating more than you actually need. Another interesting fact is that it takes the brain about 20 minutes to register that you have eaten something. If you slow down, you can actually hit saturation point during the eating process itself and keep yourself from piling up extra pounds.
How slow chewing can help you lose weight
How supermodels stay slim the healthy way