What excites you most about the early morning, apart from a steaming cup of coffee? Yes, the idea of a hearty breakfast, but what if that same delicious breakfast takes you further from your target weight and instead accumulates extra pounds in the wrong places? Don’t fret because we are here to make your dreams of a healthy and slim body kick come true. The first meal of the day is considered the most important meal of the day, regardless of when, as it sets the pace for the rest of the day, boosting your metabolism and boosting the fat burning process. However, certain breakfast habits can actually help shorten your waistline and prevent further weight gain around your stomach.
1. Start your day with packaged breakfast cereals: Until now, you’ve thought it was extremely healthy to make a bowl of cereal and milk out of a packaged box. Although many cereal boxes claim to have fortified vitamins and minerals, most are high in sugar, high in empty calories and cause large spikes in insulin levels, which we all now know is also a hormone that promotes the storage of excess calories as fat in the body. If you see dehydrated fruit pieces being added, don’t get too excited and shout “healthy” as these are usually coated in sugar and artificial colors to appeal to customers and have little to no nutritional value. Do your waistline a favor by switching to healthy and traditional breakfast options like Poha, Thepla, Idli, Dosa, Thepla, Dalia, etc. To simplify your weight loss routine, try delicious and weight loss options from the Rati Beauty app.
2. Replace butter with margarine on toast: People who want to lose weight consciously replace butter with margarine on their toast in the morning. Many people believe that margarine is comparatively healthier than butter because it is low in fat, but we want to let you know that margarine is mostly made with vegetable oils, salt, and emulsifiers, and that toast is made with refined flour, and this combination jar will expand your waistline .
3. Juicing fresh fruit: Although fruits are full of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, juicing also removes the essential fiber. Fruit juices, even if you’ve just squeezed them out, greatly increase blood sugar without the fiber content. These sugar spikes raise blood sugar levels, then drop them sharply, leaving you hungry and craving for more sugar as the day progresses. So eat your fruits in their raw form to avoid sugar spikes and crashes and to lose belly fat.
4. Easy to prepare pre-made breakfast packets: They’re usually high in sugar, salt, and loaded with preservatives. It’s best to avoid them entirely. Avoid any form of processed food for breakfast as the trans fat content it contains will mobilize fat from other areas of the body into your abdominal area!
5. Ordering breakfast via apps: The numerous food ordering apps that promise to deliver food within minutes mostly offer high-calorie options with ingredients that expand the waist. Cook your own delicious breakfast and if you are always pressed for time, the Rati Beauty app has “easy to prepare, non-cookable” options for weight loss.
6. Instant Breakfast Noodles: A complete ‘no-no’ to start your day with as they are high in sodium, MSG, and refined flour, which will put your calories on the roof and stimulate your body to do so will store the fat around the skin abdominal area.
7. Choosing the wrong type of oats: Oats are healthy and a great option if you’re looking to lose weight, but the instant ones that cook to a mushy consistency in the blink of an eye might not be a great way to start the day because they are low in fiber and are quickly digested by the body, making you hungry right after, and you would crave more food and unnecessary calories over time. For this reason, Rati Beauty diet programs recommend oatmeal instead of instant oats for breakfast. Check out the detailed recipe for oatmeal in the Rati Beauty app.
8. Adding milk jugs to coffee: Adding milk jugs is undoubtedly a great way to make your morning cup of coffee even tastier. Note, however, that adding milk jugs can significantly increase the number of calories, sometimes up to 50 calories of unsweetened almond milk would be a good substitute, and it would also help mobilize the fat-burning process.
9. Fried food every morning: Health experts say raw, steamed, or lightly cooked food is best for breakfast, not the fried one (yes, we’re talking about poori and vada in particular) because the oil content increases the calories to several notches, which additionally make the metabolism sluggish and slow down the fat burning process, which makes it difficult to move the stubborn fat around the stomach.
10. Replacing the real breakfast with packaged fruit juices: Fruit juices that are supplied in bottles and in packaged form are high in sugar with no fiber content. In addition, they contain artificial flavors, colors and preservatives. These fruit juices pump a large amount of glucose and carbohydrates into the body, which are inevitably stored as belly fat. So eat the right breakfast meals instead of packaged juices.
11. Pastries / cakes / cupcakes with the main breakfast meal: The calories from these foods are high in sugar, refined carbohydrates and a high amount of empty calories and prevent the fat burning process, especially belly fat. Bagels, cupcakes, cookies, desserts – all with their high sugar content later lead to insulin spikes and a severe crash, which in the course of the day triggers cravings for sugar and the addition of layers of fat.
12. Consider cereal a healthy breakfast option: This hugely popular breakfast item is believed to be healthy, but it is usually high in sugar and high calorie added sweeteners. It is better to switch to traditional Indian breakfast dishes that are rich in nutrients, low in calories and at the same time filling.
13. Don’t combine carbohydrates with protein or healthy fats: Eggs, nuts, seeds, and other forms of healthy fats, as well as carbohydrates, help keep blood sugar levels stable and they make the metabolism robust – all of these factors contribute to the fat reduce and burn fat throughout the day. Failure to have healthy fats or proteins in the same meal as carbohydrates will prepare you for frequent hunger pangs and build up more calories.
14. Dig into leftover pizza: Sometimes we just wake up in the morning completely energy-saving, with little energy to prepare something healthy to eat. Guess what will come to your rescue, that leftover pizza that has been carefully stacked in the box in the refrigerator! The fat and salt from the pizza can lead to water retention, gas and blood sugar fluctuations. So save this pizza as a cheat meal and don’t eat it as breakfast as it will increase your waist size.
15. Eat breakfast on the go: Just as you shouldn’t order breakfast through apps, avoid having breakfast on the go as you may be eating high-calorie and high-fat meals most of the time.
16. Pick only fat-free foods: Don’t avoid “fat” in foods like a plague. We need a good amount of healthy fats in our daily diet to include vitamins A, D, E, K, which boost metabolism and burn calories. Contrary to popular belief, fat-free foods are not that healthy. In fact, healthy fats and omega-3 fatty acids help burn fat. In the absence of fats, companies add lots of sugar to compensate for the mild taste when the fat content is torn off. Therefore, avoid fat-free and low-fat foods in the morning.
17. Ignoring the protein content: This macronutrient promotes weight loss in a number of ways – it promotes thermogenesis, burns more calories and also keeps you full for a long time. Eating a good amount of protein for breakfast will reduce unnecessary hunger pangs and frequent snacking. So bring the eggs back on the breakfast table.
18. Don’t rush breakfast: As mentioned earlier, breakfast is the most important meal of the day and sets the pace for the day. Therefore, it should not be eaten in a hurry or taken on the go. Sit down for breakfast and practice mindfulness to enjoy this important meal.
19. Killing oats with sugary delicacies and unhealthy ingredients: Sure, oats are a healthy breakfast, but make it “belly fat-friendly” by adding sugar, jam, dehydrated fruit, and so on. Find out how to properly eat oats on the Rati Beauty app.
20. We reserve the worst for the last: Bread and jam as staples: Bread and jam are staples for breakfast in most households, and those who want to eat healthily choose black bread. Most of the time, the black bread you choose for a simple breakfast is just a colored version of your regular bread. Even if it is not colored, there is a high probability that the black bread contains a certain percentage of white flour, sugar and salt. These packaged jam bottles claim to be made from natural fruits, but they contain sugar and preservatives that only ruin their “all-natural” claim. Refined carbohydrates are bad, as are white bread. If your primary goal is to keep your waist thin, we recommend that you avoid white bread as it is devoid of nutrients or fiber, but it is high in calories. Opt for whole grain bread, multigrain bread or these breads are a good substitute for white bread.
To sum up, the onset of a bad breakfast habit starts the day before when you ran out of sleep and are now hungry (hungry + angry) and do whatever in your eyes to satisfy that hunger and anger. Get 7 hours (or more) of sleep to wake up happy, positive, and in a relaxed mood and take on the world.
Find delicious and absolutely delicious breakfast recipes in the Rati Beauty App.
15 Amazing Ways To Turn On Your Fat Burning Hormones
12 Secrets For Eating Pizza Without Gaining Weight