Mummy belly, pot belly, belly, drooping belly, belly fat – call it whatever you want, but we all agree that flattening it is extremely difficult. The persistence of abdominal fat to melt away, even with rigorous training, is due to the fact that most fat cells in the abdominal area have alpha receptors that do not readily participate in fat burning. However, if you want to try every trick in the book to get a narrower waistline, here are 9 hacks to burn belly fat while getting your beauty sleep too.
1. The first thing that’s obvious is getting enough sleep: Getting good sleep, for at least 7 to 8 hours, can do wonders for the entire weight loss process. You literally can’t eat anything during the day and exercise like crazy for hours, but without a good night’s sleep, the belly fat wouldn’t go anywhere. The better you sleep at night, the more likely the body will burn visceral fat and flatten the pooch. When you wake up, it is also a high metabolism and low levels of ghrelin hormone (the hormone that makes you hungry). In addition, 7 hours of sleep would help lower cortisol (stress hormone) levels, which is one of the main reasons behind the increase in belly fat.
2. Being caloric deficit during the day: It is important to be caloric deficit in order to burn total fat, especially belly fat, because when the body has excess calories it is difficult to reach fat stores. especially in the waist area. Lower calorie intake by 500 calories to lose fat safely, exercise to burn excess calories and that would help you flatten belly fat. Check out the Rati Beauty Diet nutrition plans that would help you lose weight without food deprivation.
3. Increase protein and fiber levels: Protein is an important macronutrient and more so when trying to lose weight and gain muscle. It has thermogenic properties, keeps you full longer, increases your metabolism and burns more calories in the process. Eat a diet rich in protein during the day – you can find such nutrition plans in the Rati Beauty App.
4. Sleeping with the lights off: We can’t stress enough the importance of getting a good night’s sleep, and melatonin, the sleep hormone, improves metabolism and helps convert stubborn white fat to brown, increases when all lights are blocked (including blue). Light from your phone and gadgets). Just a little bit of light can reduce melatonin production and lower your metabolism. So sleep in total darkness and keep your phone and other devices away for at least an hour before going to bed.
5. Sleep in comfortable clothes: Sleeping in comfortable and loose clothes will help you sleep better, and by now we definitely know that good sleep means faster weight loss.
6. Set the air conditioner to a lower temperature: Brave the cold by lowering the air conditioner to a lower number as this practice can help burn more brown fat and reduce belly fat.
7. Consume fat burning foods during the day: foods with healthy fats (olive oil, nuts, seeds, avocado, ghee), etc. contain healthy fats (monounsaturated fatty acids) that actually help reduce inflammation and burn belly fat. See the Rati Beauty Diet for more information.
8. Avoid Trans Fats: Avoid trans fats completely in your diet (say no to processed foods) as trans fat not only causes rapid weight gain, it also mobilizes fat from other parts of the body to the abdominal area!
9. Try HIIT during the day: HIIT stands for high-intensity interval training, and short-term HIIT not only burns more calories but also helps release more visceral fat, and most of it happens when your body is resting. The best thing about HIIT is that your body continues to burn even more calories, even hours after you exercise. Check out this 7 minute HIIT routine that anyone can do from the comfort of their own home.
Follow these tips and you will definitely be able to remove extra fat from your abdominal area.
14 reasons your belly fat won’t melt away
How Prebiotics Can Help You Lose Weight and Reduce Belly Fat