Drinking water is of the utmost importance to staying healthy, preventing dehydration and losing weight, and keeping your physiological system running smoothly. If a person consumes less than 8 glasses of water a day, they may always be hungry because our body cannot clearly distinguish between hunger and thirst signals. Most of the time, we tend to tear open a glass of water instead of drinking a bag of potato chips (adding lots of empty calories). Water also helps curb appetite and is a calorie-free drink that boosts your metabolism and, along with toxins, promotes nutrient absorption. However, there is a lot of confusion about whether to drink cold or hot water to burn more calories. Now people are talking about the fact that sparkling water is also a great option for a weight loss diet. That is why in this post we will discuss in depth what kind of water is better to swallow on your weight loss journey and why:
How does water help you lose weight?
1. Suppresses appetite: When you drink enough water, the stomach expands and the brain feels that the stomach is full, which lowers the levels of the hunger hormone. Also, in most cases people mistake hunger signals for thirst and can actually eat unhealthy foods when in reality all they need is water!
2. Flushes Toxins: When you drink enough water, the body works very well to flush out toxins and relieve symptoms of gas and constipation.
3. Accelerates lipolysis: The fat burning process is called “lipolysis”. The first step in this process is “hydrolysis,” which is where water mixes with fat molecules to create glycerin and three fatty acids. After this process, the fat is converted into energy.
4. Water makes exercise more efficient by regulating body temperature and preventing muscle fatigue. It also prevents dehydration, also lubricates the joints and reduces the risk of injury.
5. Prevents water retention: With dehydration comes water retention. If you drink enough water, the water reservoirs will be replenished and the cells will not hold on to extra water
Benefits of Drinking Chilled Water:
Apparently, chilled water helps burn calories as the body increases the temperature of the chilled water. However, the calorie burned in this process is negligible and that doesn’t help in weight loss at all. It should also be avoided completely after eating as it can cause indigestion.
1. Post-workout: Chilled water is a great post-workout drink. If your body temperature rises after exercising, the chilled water will help lower it.
2. Cools the body down after staying under the sun: It also feels refreshing and you can drink plenty of it, which will keep you hydrated. It also helps the body calm down when you come back after working / running in the stretchy sun for some time.
You can drink regular chilled water after exercising. You can mix lemon juice and honey with the cold water to make a refreshing drink after a long day at work. You can also mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a few drops of lemon juice with cold water to make a weight loss drink. This chilled water recipe works really well and you will see effective fat loss in a month. If you take a detox day once a week, you will likely make a bottle of water with cucumber, ginger, mint, and lemon the previous night. Try to keep the bottle in the refrigerator and drink the water throughout the day. It tastes amazing and you will love to see the effect.
Benefits of hot water:
Hot water undoubtedly has many benefits when it comes to keeping the body healthy and losing weight. However, drinking hot water after a workout is not a good idea because your body is already at a high temperature and you don’t want to increase it any further.
1. Improves digestion: Drinking a glass of lukewarm water in the morning boosts your metabolism and improves digestion. It also improves blood circulation in the body. Drinking warm water in the morning can help you relax and reduce your belly fat.
2. Detoxifies your body: Warm water with various ingredients helps your body get rid of harmful toxins. Not only does it improve your physical health, but it also prevents acne and other skin problems. You can make various detoxifying and puffing drinks with warm water.
3. Keeps you full: If you have a glass of warm water before starting a meal, you won’t be able to overeat. It also helps with digestion.
Drink a glass of lukewarm water before every meal. Also try to make honey-lemon detox water, ginger water, or jeera water with warm water in the morning. This will help remove the poison and prepare the body for the day.
Advantages of mineral water:
Since bottled water or club soda has no added sugar, it is a much better option than soft drinks, energy drinks, and even diet soda, but not as beneficial as regular water. Also, stay away from flavored sparkling water or those with artificial sweeteners. However, excessive consumption of bottled water can lead to gas and acid reflux. This is why plain water is always a better option than any other drink.
In conclusion, the water temperature does not matter when losing weight – you can drink normal water at all temperatures – cold, warm or room temperature, and as long as you drink 2 liters and more, your weight loss will be a smooth journey if you follow it with a healthy diet Combine for weight loss like the Rati Beauty App.
Best times to drink water to accelerate weight loss
12 Factors That Can Help You Gain Water