We reiterated the importance of getting at least 7 hours of sleep every night to help the body develop its fat reserves and keep the stress hormone cortisol and the hunger hormone “ghrelin” low. A good night’s leep would also be beneficial for improving the functioning of fat burning enzymes and hormones. Sleep deprivation is strongly linked to weight gain, especially in the abdomen. So if you want to get rid of belly fat, all you need to do is get a good night’s sleep! It would also be wise to avoid these 8 bedtime mistakes that could prevent you from getting a good night’s sleep and block weight loss. Correct them as soon as possible.
1. Drink coffee just before bed: The caffeine content in coffee can keep us up most of the night, disrupt the sleep cycle and deprive the body of proper rest and recovery. Have your last cup of coffee at least 6 hours before bed to get a sound sleep.
2. Sleeping in an uncomfortable position: Some studies suggest that your sleeping position can lead to weight gain, but we’re talking about an uncomfortable position or bed that disrupts your sleeping pattern. Always sleep on a comfortable bed, in comfortable clothes, and in a convenient environment.
3. Exposure to blue light: Electronic devices such as phones and tablets emit blue light, which disrupts the body’s circadian rhythms and affects the quality of sleep. So try to keep all devices off at least an hour before bed.
4. Eating on the bed: We know that you love to watch your favorite series on the bed with pizza slices or a bowl of pasta in hand, but this habit is definitely bad for your weight loss goals as you can easily overeat while watching TV and the insulin spikes triggered by eating these foods would keep you up all night.
5. Eat dinner late at night: As mentioned above, insulin spikes from late dinner would prevent sleep from showing up at the right time. Heartburn, indigestion, and weight gain are also common consequences of a late dinner. Try to finish dinner at least 4 hours before you nap.
6. Nighttime snacking: We don’t blame you for feeling starved before bed, but it is imperative that you stop nighttime snacking. Read more about “10 Smart Ways To Stop Eating Late At Night To Avoid Weight Gain.”
7. Sugary Treats Before Bed: If you’ve saved that delicious piece of lava cake to indulge in a sweet little treat at night, it’s a bad idea as sugary treats can cause sharp insulin spikes and if that blood sugar would if you regulate hormone crashes You’re definitely reaching for more food.
8. Exercising Late at Night: There’s no doubt that exercising has amazing benefits – it keeps you fit and burns fat. However, exercising close to bedtime can lead to insomnia and an increase in heart rate, adrenaline rush, and a rise in core temperature will keep you up during the night. Try to exercise at least an hour before bed to lose weight successfully.
In addition to avoiding these bedtime mistakes, you should also read the Weight Loss Diets on the Rati Beauty app to successfully lose extra weight.
10 Smart Ways To Stop Eating Late At Night To Avoid Weight Gain
How to prevent overeating at work from home