Many people develop the misconception that one has to starve to death for most of the day in order to lose and lose extra weight. Such misconceptions prevent people from going on weight loss diets, which can otherwise be a surefire way to lose weight. Food deprivation is touted by certain diets that only work for a short period of time and when you do leave them you tend to gain more weight. In fact, eat in moderation, no less on weight loss diets like Rati Beauty. To lose weight successfully, one must be in a calorie deficit, not food deprived, and eat just the right amount and type of food to successfully shed any extra pounds. It’s also important to stay motivated and work hard towards your goal weight. In this post, we clear the air on why you need to eat more and lose weight, and how to do it.
What is calorie deficit?
A calorie deficit occurs when a person uses fewer calories than those burned while exercising, resting, or performing basic body functions. In contrast, when a person consumes more calories than those burned, excess calories occur, resulting in weight gain. In order to have a calorie deficit, the average person must reduce food intake by 500 calories per day. This number is usually enough for weight loss without affecting energy levels, hunger, or bodily functions. In women, the number of calories must not fall below 1200 calories per day, and in men it should not fall below 1500 calories per day.
Why does less food lead to weight gain?
Whenever there is extreme food deprivation, the body lowers its metabolism significantly to conserve energy, and that means you are burning fewer calories than before. This would bring the whole weight loss process to a complete halt. In fact, it puts the body into a fat-saving mode, and the next time food is available in optimal quantities, most of it will be stored instead of being burned out. Ideally, you should stay in the calorie deficit and still eat enough to keep all body functions running smoothly, including lipolysis (which is the process of burning fat).
7 Ways To Eat More And Lose Weight:
1. Start your day with a protein-rich breakfast: If you start your day with a sugary pre-packaged granola that you can add to a bowl of milk, you will get hungry all day. Instead, switch to traditional Indian breakfast dishes that are high in protein or plain eggs to keep you feeling full throughout the day and boost your metabolism so you can keep burning calories. Here is a list of 15 Indian Breakfast Dishes You Must Try To Stay Fit.
2. Eating nuts: Several studies have shown that eating nuts can help increase weight loss. Most nuts like walnuts, almonds, pistachios, and cashews contain a good amount of protein, vitamins, and healthy fats that help boost your metabolism and trigger the release of fatty acids from cells that can be burned and used as energy. They also help the body burn calories more effectively. Whenever you experience severe hunger pangs – have some almonds, cashews, walnuts, or dried fruit of your choice with your meal (avoid raisins, however) as these can fill you up and keep you feeling that way for longer. Better than opting for unhealthy options like potato chips or french fries to satisfy your hunger pangs. It would be a good idea to always have a box of nuts in your pocket when you travel to avoid opting for high calorie processed snacks.
2. Swap healthy foods: The most important change to begin your weight loss or get healthy in general is to swap out unhealthy foods in your diet for healthy alternatives. Replacing these foods will help get your weight loss off the ground with full enthusiasm and also serve as a little stepping stone to great accomplishments. In this post, we’re listing 50 healthy food swaps that everyone should definitely try.
3. Eat whole foods with complex carbohydrates and fiber: The fiber content in whole foods slows the digestive process and there are no sharp insulin spikes. When blood sugar levels are stable due to the slow rise in insulin, the extra calories are not stored as fat droplets in adipocytes. Make sure a majority of your food is whole foods without any processing that are high in protein, fiber, and complex carbohydrates.
4. Fill half your plate with vegetables: It is a smart trick to feel fuller with lots of food in the form of vegetables, which are usually lower in calories. Some vegetables are even called “calorie-free”. The concept behind “zero calories” is that the body burns more calories to digest a food with negligible calories. For example, mushrooms, celery, cucumber, etc. are extremely low in calories and the body burns more calories to burn them out, sometimes resulting in a negative deficit. If a cucumber has 15 calories, the body can use up to 20 calories to burn it off. Mathematically, this means that the total number of calories has fallen below zero. Amazing, isn’t it ?! But the truth is, you cannot go on a diet consisting of only calorie-free foods and expect to lose weight because the body also needs food, vitamins, and energy to run, and a lack of nutrients kills your metabolism So keep a healthy balance of everything in your diet. Here is a list of 32 calorie free weight loss foods that you can include in your diet.
5. Don’t Say No To Healthy Fats: You feel full, control your appetite, burn more fat, and your body needs fats to absorb fat-soluble vitamins like A, D, E and K. Read How Eating Fats Can Make You Thin in this post.
6. Nibbling on Dark Chocolate: You won’t miss out on chocolate on Rati Beauty weight loss diets as we recommend nibbling on a square or two of dark chocolate as a snack as these are loaded with antioxidants, boost your metabolism, and whet your appetite for junk Curb food. Dark chocolate also improves insulin sensitivity and reduces stress – and all of these factors help accelerate weight loss.
7. Follow the Rati Beauty Weight Loss Program: The diets in this app do not encourage you to eat less, but promote healthy eating and weight loss by eating the right types of food. Download the app on your phone for more information.
How Eating Fats Can Make You Thin