The drooping belly or apron belly is the excess layer of fat that hangs from the belly like an apron and prevents you from wearing your favorite outfit or fitting into old jeans. Women who have had a c-section may feel like it’s perfectly normal for the belly to protrude, but it’s not! Apron belly is also known as the pannus stomach and predisposes a person to developing lifestyle disorders such as type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Since reducing fat spots is still a myth, reducing total body fat is the only solution to getting rid of apron belly. Proper diet and consistent exercise can help you achieve a slim silhouette and reduce the excess layers of fat from the abdominal area. Many people think that coolsculpting and surgical removal are the only ways to get rid of your stomach, but the truth is, dieting and exercise can get the job done. If you’re wondering why those infinite number of crunches you did every day aren’t showing any results, let’s make it clear that crunches and other ab exercises can only strengthen the abs, but that they can be seen from below, fat on top needs to melt away. The truth is that our bodies burn fat from all over the body without focusing on any particular area, and it doesn’t help that fat in the abdominal area is also referred to as “stubborn” as it is very resistant to the fat burning process. However, this post lists 10 ways you can reduce and remove the apron belly for a leaner frame and healthier life.
1. Start the Right Type of Weight Loss Diet: As mentioned above, the body does not display any prejudice when it comes to burning fat. That is why we should focus on following the right type of diet that will put us in a calorie deficit. so that fat is targeted all over the body, including belly fat. Check out the weekly diet programs on the Rati Beauty app to find out how to lose weight
2. Abs Workouts Help: Have you ever heard, “Abs are made in the kitchen but defined in the gym?” Yes, dieting helps melt away the fat, but to define those abs you need to do core strengthening exercises like Perform bike crunches, flutter kicks, scissor kicks, etc. Read about 5 simple exercises to lose belly fat and define your waistline at home.
3. Plank Away: Elbow and side planks are the most popular exercises if you want to get a flat stomach in a short amount of time. If you do a side plank and an elbow plank for just one minute each day, you will have a strong stomach with no wobbly fat. Plank exercises not only target the abs and core, but they also boost metabolism and endurance. So there is no reason why you shouldn’t plank.
4. Keep the insulin spikes at bay: Belly fat can be a sign of insulin resistance. Insulin is a hormone that not only regulates blood sugar levels, but is also a fat storage hormone that leads to weight gain. Increased consumption of sugar and refined carbohydrates can trigger insulin spikes that direct any excess calories to be stored as fat, especially around the abdomen. Reducing sugar and refined carbohydrates can encourage the body to use sagging belly fat cells as energy for its daily activities.
5. Say No to Trans Fat: Trans fat is commonly found in fried foods, packaged baked goods, highly processed foods, and margarine, which many people mistakenly believe are healthy! It is high time that we think twice before adding transfat-rich foods to our daily diet that not only pose a threat to your health, but can also prevent you from losing weight, even if you may have spent hours exercising in the gym. An interesting fact is that transfat can actually move fat from other areas of the body to the abdominal area!
6. Drink at least 2 liters of water: When you are dehydrated, various chemical reactions, including the fat-burning process, slow down. It is therefore important to drink at least 2 liters or at least 8 glasses of water every day. All processes in the body run smoothly. We often replace plain water with high-calorie fruit juices or soda, and instead of keeping the body hydrated, they often create excess calories that are converted and stored as fat in the cells. Lack of water also affects the release of human growth hormone (HGH), which binds to fat cells, breaks down and mobilizes stored fat. The activity of the lipase enzyme, which is necessary for the metabolism of fat, also slows down with dehydration.
7. Increase Metabolism: A robust metabolism is the engine that burns the calories in the body. When the metabolism becomes sluggish, the drooping stomach does not move. Read more about “9 Ways To Increase Your Metabolism To Lose Weight.”
8. Increase Calcium-Rich Foods: Calcium is an essential nutrient that is needed in optimal quantities for strong bones and muscle strength. But, you know, it can help you lose weight in more than one way. Calcium can help burn fat and so can belly fat! There’s a lot of research to support the theory that calcium increases the breakdown of fat in the bloodstream and maintains thermogenesis, thereby accelerating weight loss.
9. Protein-rich food: Protein induces thermogenesis and takes more time and energy to digest, so the body uses more calories to digest it. Protein also keeps you full longer, preventing frequent hunger pangs and food cravings.
10. HIIT: HIIT refers to high intensity interval training exercises that help burn fat in no time. It’s a combination of high and medium intensity exercises where your body absorbs more calories to burn without burning muscle. HIIT puts your body into an afterburning process in which it burns calories long after your workout! Also, no equipment is required to perform HIIT exercise, and you can do it from the comfort of your own home. Here is a list of 10 fat burning exercises you can do at home.
5 Simple Exercises to Lose Belly Fat and Define Your Waistline at Home
Sit ups burn belly fat