We all know how castor oil promotes hair growth and helps you get thicker and fuller eyelashes and eyebrows. But did you know that we can use castor oil to reduce the appearance of dark circles under the eyes? Lack of sleep, unhealthy diet, harmful sun rays, hormonal changes can lead to narrowing of the blood vessels under the eyes, which leads to hyperpigmentation and obvious dark circles. Of course, we can blame genetics a little, but environmental stressors are the biggest factor that causes dark circles. Back on topic, many people vouch for castor oil to help reduce dark circles, but when used correctly. In this post, we’ll go into detail on how to use castor oil to eliminate dark circles.
How castor oil clears dark circles:
Castor oil contains 90% ricinoleic acid, a fatty acid with anti-inflammatory properties that stimulates the production of healthy tissues. The antioxidants in castor oil also fight harmful free radicals, preventing cell damage. It moisturizes and keeps the eye area smooth and supple. Did we also mention that castor oil also increases collagen production and has amazing healing properties? It also penetrates the skin better than other vegetable oils. In summary, castor oil reduces the appearance of dark circles in a number of ways:
How to use castor oil to erase dark circles:
1. Apply gently with fingertips: Castor oil can be applied directly to the skin and will not cause any adverse effects. Take a few drops of castor oil and apply it to the area under the eyes. Massage it with your ring finger. You can let the oil sit overnight to get the most of it.
2. Mix with almond oil: We all know how rich almond oil is in vitamin E and can help reduce dark circles when used on its own. When combined with equal amounts of castor oil, this is an effective, yet natural, remedy for treating hyperpigmentation.
3. Castor Oil and Milk: The lactic acid content in milk along with castor oil would help to significantly lighten the dark circles. Take 1 tablespoon of milk and half a tablespoon of castor oil, mix everything well and carefully apply under the eyes. Rinse off with lukewarm water after 30 minutes.
4. Castor Oil and Rosehip Oil: As we all know, rosehip oil (does rosehip oil lightens the skin?) Reduces hyperpigmentation and dark spots, and using it with castor oil in equal amounts is effective in treating pigmentation under the eyes.
5. Castor Oil with Jojoba Oil: Take the same amounts of castor oil and jojoba oil, mix well, apply gently to the affected area and leave it on overnight. This keeps the eye area smooth, soft and moisturized.
6. Castor oil and jade roller massage: The jade roller promotes blood circulation, reduces swelling, triggers lymphatic drainage and, together with castor oil, has a lightening effect on the skin. Apply a few drops to the eye area and massage everything in with a cool jade roller. Leave the oil on overnight and within a few weeks the dark circles would decrease significantly.
Do you have any other tips on using castor oil to reduce the appearance of dark circles? If so, please mention them in the comments below.
Using castor oil for eyelash growth
10 best creams for acne scars and dark circles