There are some basic rules that are absolutely essential to be followed when trying to lose weight and get healthy. In fact, shedding extra pounds and burning fat can become a chore if the ABCs are overlooked. In this post we would like to draw your attention to the ABCs of losing weight in order to become really slim and healthy.
1. Find a Diet That is Easy to Follow and Last a Lifetime: If you are planning on going on a diet for just a few days to lose weight, this is not a good idea. Diet is about eating healthy and proper, so it should be sustainable, one that can be incorporated into everyday life without feeling starved and hungry throughout the day – and that is the Rati Beauty Diet just the right diet that will help you lose extra weight and also lose inches from your waist without compromising on diet or eating. Download the Rati Beauty app for more information.
2. Separate food from emotions and stress: Emotional eating is a situation in which one eats in order to feel good and comfortable, in order to cope with trauma, to relieve stress rather than to satisfy hunger. The foods emotional eaters choose are usually high fat, high sugar, high calorie foods full of trans fats and other toxic ingredients that are extremely unhealthy for the human body. It is important to separate food with comfort and emotion so that you do not seek unhealthy food under stress. Read about “How to Use Effective Tricks to Beat Emotional Eating”.
3. Portion control at every meal: Portion control is an essential aspect not only to lose weight, but also to maintain optimal health and prevent diseases such as type 2 diabetes, stroke and heart disease. Read more about “10 Food Portion Control Tips for Weight Loss”.
4. Don’t crash diet: Such a diet is based on food deprivation and is most likely to lead to nutrient deficiencies, fatigue, hair loss and other health problems. If you skip food for most of the day it will lead to binge eating later, and it will fail for all of its purpose.
5. Eat slowly and chew mindfully: If you chew slowly, you will feel full faster without ingesting too many calories or overeating. It is a fact that it takes 20 minutes for the brain to send a proper signal to the stomach that it is full. So if you are eating in a rush, you will most likely overeat. Eat in peace and take time to finish your plate, avoiding distractions like telephoning and watching TV while eating.
6. Be Active All Day: Just spending an hour in the gym is not enough to lose weight. Be active and on your feet to keep your metabolism high and get fat burning going.
7. Find ways to combat stress: Losing weight can be a stressful process and when you are chronically stressed (personal, professional, psychosocial, physical, etc.) it can prove to be an uphill battle. Studies have found a direct link between stress and weight gain, so stress not only prevents weight loss but can also add extra pounds. You literally may not have anything on your plate, but shedding extra layers of fat can become quite difficult when you’re stressed. In addition to lowering the metabolism, the stress hormone “cortisol” increases appetite and cravings and also causes the body to store fat in the abdominal region. The ability to burn fat also flattens out with increasing anxiety and stress. Read in detail about “7 Ways To Overcome Weight Gain Due To Stress”.
8. Sleep at least 7 hours: Just like stress, lack of sleep can lead to weight gain. Sleep deprivation can lower metabolism, increase the hunger hormone ghrelin and also cortisol levels, which would lead to weight gain instead of weight loss.
9. Repair Metabolism: A sluggish metabolism can slow down the fat burning process and reduce the body’s ability to burn calories. If you are finding it extremely difficult to lose weight, correct your metabolism by following these tips.
10. Don’t forget to drink throughout the day: losing weight becomes a struggle without adequate hydration. If a person consumes less than 8 glasses of water a day, they may always be hungry because our bodies cannot clearly distinguish between hunger and thirst signals, and most of the time we tend to sip instead of a glass of water to tear it open bag of potato chips (add lots of empty calories). Water also helps curb appetite and is a calorie-free drink that stimulates metabolism, flushes out toxins, and helps with the absorption of nutrients.
Start following these basic rules and see the extra pounds drop off you.
How to Beat Emotional Eating Using Effective Tricks
10 Food Portion Control Tips For Weight Loss