Acne can be caused by a number of factors – hormonal imbalance, use of comedogenic products, unhealthy eating habits, nutritional deficiencies, PCOD, and the most basic – that don’t break down all makeup at the end of the day. What we all fear are acne scars, which can leave stubborn marks that take weeks and months to fade. To fade acne scars, home remedies work better than expensive creams and ointments. In this post, we list some remedies to get rid of acne scars quickly at home.
1. Fenugreek Seed Mask: We all know that fenugreek seed paste is great for keeping hair healthy, but a paste made from these seeds can help reduce acne scars and lighten the skin. This paste can also reduce inflammation and acne breakouts. Regularly using methi seed face pack or water soaked in methi seeds along with your face pack or toner can give you flawless skin in a short period of time due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
2. Raw Potatoes: Potatoes have an enzyme called “catecholase” that helps reduce hyperpigmentation, lighten the skin, and reduce dark spots and acne scars. Potato is also high in vitamin C. It helps lighten dark spots and clears the skin. It also acts as an anti-aging ingredient and maintains skin health. Extract the juice from a medium-sized potato. Dip a clean towel in this juice and place it over your face and relax. After 20 minutes, gently wipe the face with plain water.
3. Lemon and Honey: These two ingredients work amazingly well for many skin care problems, including acne, constipation, and acne scars. This in-depth post explains how to use lemon and honey to make a homemade mask.
4. Papaya and Honey Mask: Papaya contains enzymes and antioxidants that lighten pigmentation and acne scars. Papaya also has bleaching properties and removes stubborn tans as well. Mix 2 tablespoons of papaya puree with 1 tablespoon of honey and apply to the face and neck. Do this twice and thrice a week to see visible results.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey: Apple cider vinegar fights breakouts and pimples and fades acne scars. However, it is important to dilute the water as it is highly acidic. Add 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar to 1/4 cup of water and mix 1 tbsp honey. Take a cotton ball and pat it over the scars and breakouts. With regular use, you can see a good difference in the appearance of scars.
6. Turmeric and Aloe Vera: From hyperpigmentation to constipation, this mask can remove scars and tan with 2 tablespoons of aloe vera and just a pinch of turmeric.
7. Vitamin E and Olive Oil: Vitamin E alone can heal acne scars, but when combined with olive oil it speeds up the healing and repair process.
8. Milk and tomato mask: Milk is rich in lactic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid that is very good at removing scars, spots and pigments. Along with tomatoes, which are also a natural bleach high in vitamin C, milk can help fade blemishes and pigmentation from acne scars pretty quickly.
Rose water, lemon and honey pack against pimples
How to use potato juice and lemon juice for dark spots